The application process for the Medical Program
You will receive a checklist of documents that will be required to apply for the medical work permit in Germany.
- We will advise you if you qualify to apply for your professional license as doctor / dentist in the Federal State of Rheinland-Pfalz.
- We send you a detailied cost overview of fees to be paid by you and the fees that are sponsored by the German authorities (BAMF / Federal Agency for Migration and Refugees sponsors the B2 language course and the C1 Course for Academic Health Professions preparing for the Medical / Dental German exam).
- Register with ISL and send us your medical / dental qualifications.
- You need to translate your documents into German by a certified translator (can be done through ISL) and we will then send the documents to the authority responsible for the application of the professional license.
- You will then receive the so-called "Defizitbescheid" deficit letter with which you can apply for your visa.
- Apply for the visa for the recognition of your professional license in your home country.
- German language course up to B1 level in super-intensive format (20 weeks from A0 to B1 level)
Course fees for this to be paid by the Doctor/Dentist
- B2 Course in 400 hours (free of charge/paid by BAMF)
- TELC B2 Exam at ISL
- C1 Course for Academic Health Professions preparing for the Medical / Dental German exam in 600 hours (paid by BAMF)
- Medical or Dental Exam with the German Medical Council in Mainz (Exam fees paid by BAMF)
- After passing the medical / dental German language exam:
- Non EU doctors / dentists will receive their first professional license allowing them to work for 2 years in a hospital as assistant doctors /dentists and then do their approbation exam giving them the full licence.
- Eu Qualified Doctors do not need this 2 year work process - they immediatley receive their full licence (approbation) after the medical / dental German language exam.
It is not possible to list all the steps in this process here. Our team will guide each applicant individually through the process.