The application process for the Medical Program
You will receive a checklist of documents that will be required to apply for the medical work permit in Germany.
- We will advise you if you qualify to apply for your professional license as doctor / dentist in the Federal State of Rheinland-Pfalz.
- We send you a detailied cost overview of fees to be paid by you and fees covered by the local German government funding.
- Register with ISL and send us your medical / dental qualifications.
- ISL translates your documents into German by a certified translator and sends them to the authority responsible for the application of the professional license.
- You then get a German State government confirmation of your acceptance - this shows which documents you need to submit once you are in Germany.
- Apply for the visa for the recognition of your professional license in your home country.
- German language course in super-intensive format up to C1 level
- TELC B2 and TestDaF or Telc C1 exam at ISL
- Preparation for medical / dental German language exam
- Medical / dental German language exam with the German Medical Council in Mainz.
- After passing the medical / dental German language exam:
- Non EU doctors / dentists will receive their first professional license allowing them to work for 2 years in a hospital as assistant doctors /dentists and then do their approbation exam giving them the full licence.
- Eu Qualified Doctors do not need this 2 year work process - they immediatley receive their full licence (approbation) after the medical / dental German language exam.
It is not possible to list all the steps in this process here. Our team will guide each applicant individually through the process.