The application process for the Doctors Program
You will receive a checklist of documents that will be required to apply for the medical work permit in Germany.
- We will advise you if you are qualified to work as Doctor here (you will probably need to do recognition training and exams here)
- We send you a detailied cost overview
- Register with ISL and send us your medical qualifications
- We will apply for German Government Funding for you. (Please ask for us detailed Information on this).
- ISL translates your documents into German by a certified translator and sends them to the German Ministry.
- You then get a German State government confirmation of your acceptance - this shows what you need to do once you are in Germany
- Do your visa interview in your home Country.
- German language course in super-intensive format up to C1 level
- TELC B2 and TestDaF or Telc C1 exam at ISL
- Registration for the medical language exam - it will take around 3-4 months to get an appointment for the exam and you need to present your German B2 or C1 certificate along with all your documents.
- Preparation for medical language exam (ISL runs this course in the school 4 times per year - fees possibly Paid by the German Government)
- Medical language exam with the German Medical Council.
- The medical language exam consists of a doctor – patient conversation and a doctor – doctor conversation. The exam can be repeated as often as you want.
- Application for professional license in Germany.
- Non EU Doctors work for 2 years in a Hospital as assistant Doctors and then do their Approbation exam giving them the full Licence.
- Eu Qualified Doctors do not need this 2 year work process - they immediatley receive their full Licence after the medical language exam.
It is not possible to list all the steps in this process here. Our team will guide each Doctor individually through the process.